Cars and trucks aren't the only things we take out on the road. There are plenty of Texas residents who enjoy driving and trailering their big toys across their big states. RVs, campers, travel trailers, and horse trailers are regular sights on Texas highways. Still, before you take out your RV, you're going to want to make sure it is adequately protected with a Texas RV insurance plan via our team at Kubena Insurance Agency.
What to Know About Texas RV Insurance?
- Any RV that you don't use for full-time living and instead use for personal and recreational use can be conveniently insured under a pleasure RV insurance policy. This offers you flexibility in price while still getting plenty of time to travel around the country (and maybe even beyond) throughout the year.
- If your RV has its own engine and powertrain, then you will need to meet specific Texas minimums for bodily injury and property damage coverage just as you would when you operate any other type of vehicle.
- In addition to your standard liability insurance coverage options, consider also getting personal effect coverage. Personal effect coverage expands the automobile-like part of the insurance also to include repair or replacement costs for personal items within and built into your RV -- similar to basic homeowner's and renter's insurance. You can get personal effect coverage for driveable RVs and motorhomes as well as for camper trailers and fifth wheels.
- Vacation liability coverage is also available as a policy addendum and will offer financial protection should your vacation be interrupted or halted due to a mishap with the RV.
- Roadside assistance can be included as part of your vacation liability, or you can get it separately to ensure you are covered in the event of an accident or breakdown on the road or at the campsite.
Contact Kubena Insurance Agency to Learn More
For more information about RV insurance and to get a quote on varying policies and their riders, contact our Texas team at Kubena Insurance Agency today.